Woodwind and Woodwind II will be match racing every Wednesday night that there is an Annapolis Yacht Club (AYC) Race. Both boats will start on the AYC starting line at 6:45pm, and then race out to a slightly different race course, probably a little longer. During the race, passengers (“guest crew”) will be able to participate in helping to sail the boat and steer the boat, when appropriate of course. This will be America’s Cup-style racing since it is match racing, so the competition will be very strong between the father and daughter teams who are the captains of each Woodwind.
2016 Wednesday Race Nights: April 27- August 31, no racing July 6.
“Party Like A Sailor!”
Mount Gay Rum is partnering with us to offer you the most authentic sail boat racing experience.
See Photos of Racing
Aboard each Woodwind:
- We will be serving Mount Gay Rum Punch
- Giving out two T-shirts on each boat with a raffle
- Scramble to find your Mount Gay Rum Red Regatta Hat, or borrow a friend’s, and get your first rum punch for free!
- After the exciting race, you will receive a Mount Gay Rum free drink voucher to be used at the Boatyard Bar & Grill a few short blocks away.
- This is the place where they will be showing the videos of that nights racing on the flat screens in the bar and restaurant. Enjoy the camaraderie of all the fellow racers that gather here as the sailor’s place to be! Their food is great, too!
Tickets are the same price as our weekly sunset sails, $44 adult, $27 children under 12 and include a soft drink and a snack. Tickets go on sale six days prior to the date you want to go sailing. BUY TICKETS
For more information please read our Frequently Asked Questions here.