I wish I had my better camera aboard! So, if you were on this cruise, seeing this post, please send me some pics. Many of my pics came out blurry.
Local Everything…. what does that mean? To me, it means getting as much things locally sourced as you can and presenting it all on a wonderful dinner cruise while sailing on the Severn River and Chesapeake Bay.
Chef Amy Daniels from Palate Pleasers, in the Eastport section of Annapolis, and I came up with this menu in the spring time.
- Rockfish Cake with caper lemon sauce
- Fire & Ice Cup (Watermelon and Tomato with local pepper dressing)
- Grilled Buttermilk Chive Chicken Breast with charred peach salsa
- Smoked Duck Flatbread with sweet and tangy sauce
- Silver Queen White Corn Salad with sweet onions
- Roasted Red and Sweet Potatoes, Golden Beets, Fresh Green Bean Salad
- Strawberry Blueberry Shortcake with fresh whipped cream
We paired it all with Black Ankle Wines (Frederick County) and Catoctin Creek Spirits, and craft beer from Maryland and Virginia.
We were also the first venue to showcase the Gruner Vetliner from Black Ankle. Even the winery hasn’t released it yet to their tasting room! I loved learning that Black Ankle has over 2 acres, of the 15 acres, in the US growing this grape varietal. Primarily it is a grape grown mostly in Austria.